Monday, October 31, 2005

singleness... oh joy... :)

Remember me mentioning that I was asked to be an adult table leader for the Chrysalis Flight weekend this coming January?  At the time I was asked to lead the talk on prayer.  That’s very cool… I’m a big fan of prayer. :)  I’ve seen so obviously the results of people praying all over the world.  But this morning I awoke to find a new challenge presented to me.  I was emailed and asked if instead of the prayer talk, I could do the talk on singleness.  My first reaction?? I’ll be honest.  It was something along the lines of… “ouch, it’s beginning… the lovely life of singleness and assuring those younger than me that ‘it’ll be ok’.”  But once I prayed about it and really thought  it through, I consider it an honour to be able to talk to these girls and share a real part of my life with them.  Not that prayer isn’t a real part of my life, but I have no choice but to be single right now.  So I think it will be a challenge to prepare and to give this talk, but I know it’s God’s way of assuring me that I am walking in His path right now. :)  I sure do hope I’m not giving this talk for all the years to come though!

<><Bonnie

No comments: