Sunday, October 02, 2005

I don't wanna go home :(

It's nothing personal Mom! It just seems that more and more things keep happening that make this place feel like home. Tonight the pastor and his wife (see picture below) invited the young adults to come over for dessert (which they called apple pie... but it wasn't... but it's all good;)). Northcliff Union really feels like "my church." A few of you know that my biggest anxiety about going home is wondering where I'm going to go to church... whether or not I'll still want to be part of the Summit, and if not, where I'll end up. Being part of a church family is a really big deal to me. I really have no clue right now, and it breaks my heart to think about not being at Northcliff. I feel like these people are family away from family. They've become my big brothers and sisters... I don't mean that they could ever replace my REAL family, but I just mean that I feel like I have a place here. Maybe it'll still be here when I finish teaching in the States, and maybe I can come back... but only God knows that! Nights like tonight are so odd for me when I come home and process (because I always process everything!). On one hand I'm excited because I've just had an awesome time with my church and with my awesome friends whom I know God has given me!! But on the other hand is that looming, "in less than 5 weeks this will all be ripped away from me" feeling. Ugh... I don't like it! Please pray for me over the next 5 weeks. They're going to be great, but also very sad and difficult for me. Everyone says that I'm just entering into the next chapter of my life. But I can't imagine a chapter better than this one right now... But I know God's plan is best and will work out in the end!! Here are some nice pictures from tonight. :) Yeah... lots of pictures lately!

This is Pastor Gavin and his wife Joss.


Eric and I ...


Patrick and I (Patrick is dating Stephanie, who also works at Rand Leases... he comes out with us to RL now too)

Dan and Eric... taking the picture themselves, obviously!!


Eric said we were taking "artsy" pictures tonight... here are a few. :)



Link to pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnieb81

No comments: