Tuesday, October 18, 2005

A day in the life of the moody Bonnie

I went to the dentist today. After he drilled for what seemed like forever, he finally finished. But to my dismay, he told me I have to come back to have a root canal done!! Yikes! So now my mouth hurts and I can anticipate more pain. Ouch. I found out today that my old roommate can't take the kittens like we thought she might be able to. It's not her fault, but I'm still really really sad about it. I have less than 2 weeks to be out of this flat and to find them homes. And things aren't looking good. I love my kitties. You might laugh or joke about that, but go ahead. I'm really sad. So ja... I've not been the typical happy Bonnie today/tonight. I went to Bible study, and everyone could tell something wasn't right. I feel like I should be happy. I'm a missionary... a strong Christian, and I totally believe in God's sovereignty. So why do I let things bother me? Aye... the heart of a girl is a confusing thing. I feel bad for my friends who saw me tonight. I felt like a burden to them... being all sad and stuff. Perhaps I should've just stayed home, but then again, my friends love me, and they want to be there when I am hurting. Man, my friends are the coolest. What would I do without them? So here's proof ladies and gentlemen - missionaries are not perfect! We get confused, and sad and our hearts sometimes get the best of us. Hooray! We're human too! haha So just pray for us (and for me) ok? Thanks. :)
Cheers -
Bonnie

Link to pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnieb81

1 comment:

Roger Saner said...

Hey, hope you're feeling better!

Question - why do you think that because you're a missionary, a strong Christian and fully believe in God's sovereignty you should be happy? I'm not sure the first 3 thing "lead" to that conclusion...

Not that I don't want you to be happy! And not that I don't believe that happiness isn't in God's plan for any of us. Just questioning your reasoning...