Thursday, June 03, 2004

Sad day in the life of Bonnie. The team is on a plane as I type this, headed back to America. I'm sure it's a happy day for all of them, but I am quite sad!! (As was expected.) Today Melissa and I went to Diepsloot to teach, but when we found out that Melissa's students were taking exams, we made the decision to leave and go meet the LSU people at Bruma Market (a really cool market here in Jo'burg). So we showed up there and surprised them. Yay! 'Twas much fun. I bought way too much there, which is pretty typical, but I had fun hanging out with my friends too! I rode the bus back to BIMS with the team and then hung out until it was time to say my goodbyes... *sigh* Goodbyes are never fun, but I know they are inevitable. Such is the transient life of a missionary. I thank God for the new friends He gives me, and I pray that some of us will be able to successfully keep in touch (perhaps better than others from my own home town...) After taking lots of photos and saying lots of goodbyes, the team finally left for real this time. Then I hung out for a while with Steve and Monica Allen, a couple missionaries who are staying at BIMS for a while. After that, some of us missionaries went to eat at a MEXICAN restaurant!! It was nowhere near as good as in the States, but hey, we take what we can get. :) It was a fun blessing to get to spend some time with the missionary family! So, all in all, it's been a long, FUN, but tiring day. LSU folks... if you read this, know that I miss you already!

Much love,
Bonnie B.

**Oh! Newsflash!*** I forgot to announce that my very best friend in the whole world is a new Mommy! My bestfriend, Shannon Godfrey, gave birth to Savannah Currie Godfrey this past Monday. Congrats, Shannon!!!

Link to pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnieb81

No comments: