Monday, June 21, 2004

Monday Morning… LAST WEEK OF SCHOOL!! Yeah, I’m just a little excited about that. hehe I’ve finished writing the exam for my Lilydale kids. All I have left to do for this week is prepare the story for Lawley on Wednesday and write an exam for my kids at Diepsloot. After Thursday I am on break and schools don’t start back until July 19th. The volunteer team from the Summit (my church) gets here July 13th and I can’t wait!! In the time between the end of this school term and the 13th, I plan to rest, and recoup! I’ll get some planning done for next term as well, but mostly I just want to rest and work on building some of the friendships with people I’ve met lately. God has been so good in helping me to meet some people who might actually become my friends! That’s been a real challenge for me since I don’t really do much with people my own age. Thank God for my friend Sean at church. Since he goes to the Baptist college, he has friends our age, and he’s been a blessing me helping me to meet people! And just in time for me to be able to have a lekke birthday next month – hooray! Well, today I’m going to girls’ club at Lilydale. Then I am going to the East side of Jo’burg (to BIMS) to enjoy some “Mexican” food! There’s a Mexican restaurant close to BIMS, and every time IMB workers go there, they give them pointers on how to really make Mexican food… since we live closer to Mexico than South Africans do!! So… they’re closed on Mondays, and missionaries are getting together and cooking Mexican dishes to show the restaurant employees what Mexican really is! I’m really looking forward to that. But now I must go make myself look decent for the day before I go. I hope you have a wonderful week!

Link to pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnieb81

No comments: