Saturday, June 12, 2004

Happy Saturday!

It's only the middle of the day, and it's already been fun. :) This morning Frank and Sherri cooked Melissa and I omelets for breakfast... nice, huh? Then I headed out to Irene Market with Frank and Sherri. I've never been to this market, but it was really nice! I've seen most of the same kinds of things before, but this one was set up very nicely and all outdoors. I've started buying Christmas presents already (yep, Christmas presents!). I figure, if I start now and send some home with the Summit team (they leave the US a month from today!!!!) then I won't be going crazy and mailing stuff home in December. Look at that, sometimes I really do use my head. :) After the market, we came home and I took a nice nap. That's pretty exciting for me, you have no idea! And now after I finish typing this blog, I must get ready for dinner. Chris Walker (the volunteer here) is taking Melissa and I out to dinner as a thank you for letting him work with us these past few months (as if he needs to thank us!). So I'm pretty excited 'bout that! Tomorrow morning I am going to visit a church that I went to when the LSU team was here. It's called New West, and it's in the neighborhood of Westbury. I am interested in seeing what it's like when they don't know that a bunch of white people are going to be there! So, lots going on this weekend - that's the way I like it!

Next week Melissa and I are moving into the Lechners' house. I can't believe it's already the middle of June!! Monday afterschool I will have my first girls' club meeting at Lilydale. Please pray that all goes smoothly!! I'm really excited about it, but I'm also a little nervous. Pray for my nerves to produce positive energy with the girls. They seem really excited about coming, so I hope they will be committed to the group!

Alright, I'd better go make myself look decent. Thanks for checking in on me!

Link to pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnieb81

No comments: