Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Hello from the Lechner house! Once again, I am back to “pay-by-the-minute” internet. I got so spoiled while staying at the Moran household! So I’m trying to type my updates in word and then copy and paste it as fast as possible once I am online!

Well, today was a very good, but tiring day! I went to Lilydale this morning and taught 10 classes about the story of Joseph. I think 10 classes just makes for a long day in itself! But today was also the 1st day of the Tuesday girls’ club. It went very well. We hung out, had snack and then decorated our name cards like yesterday. Then I gave my testimony and told them (like I did yesterday) that if they doubted whether they were Christians or not, that they could come talk to me at ANY point and I’d love to talk to them. Well, yesterday no one came up to me, but today a girl was waiting for me. It broke my heart when she said, “I don’t know if I am a Christian because I keep praying for my mother to get better and she is still sick.” That really challenged me and I had to think fast! I talked to her for a while about God answering prayers in His own time and His own way. Then we talked about what it really means to be a Christian. I asked whether or not she had ever asked Jesus to personally come into her life, and her answer was very vague. I’m not into pushing for an immediate decision, so I left her with that to think about. She said to me, “I will do what you said to do,” which referred to admitting sin to God and asking Jesus to take it away. Please be in prayer for Nomvula as she prays and thinks about the things we have talked about!! After that, another girl was still waiting to talk to me. She said, “my mother and my father are both dead. I prayed for them to live and they didn’t.” I already knew this girl was in this situation before she was in club. I explained to her that we do not live in a fair world and that bad things happen to good people, even God’s people. I admitted that I can’t say that I know how she feels, but that God does because He watched His only Son die. I said that she can continue to pray for peace and that God will take care of her. She seemed pretty bitter, and it breaks my heart to see a 12 year old girl already bitter with God! Please pray for Lebo!! Pray that God will comfort her in her loss as she is still grieving long after the loss of her parents.

Needless to say, after club (I was there for 2 hours today!) I was exhausted enough. Then I had to go the house and pack up all my stuff to move to the Lechner’s house. I’ve been moving and rearranging things since. I’m trying to make my room feel like “home” as quickly as possible! I will be here a little over 3 months, so I should enjoy it while I can. I’m so tired now. I am going to bed early!! Tomorrow is a public Holiday in South Africa… Youth Day, celebrating the day that began the Soweto uprisings against Apartheid. I get a day off! Praise the Lord!!

Love you all! Thanks for checking in on me. :)


Link to pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnieb81

No comments: