Thursday, December 30, 2004

Today we went to Dhlamini, Soweto and did a little back yard Bible club with the neighborhood kids. We didn't have a translator, which made things quite difficult because lots of small children came, and usually they don't speak English yet. But it was ok! We broke the volunteers in with the hardest day first! Tomorrow we'll have a translator - yippee! Today was fun though, and I think the kids had a good time, even if they didn't understand us. I am most excited about what God was whispering to me almost the entire time. It was as if He was gently whispering, "you can do this... this doesn't have to stop today." So... I'm gonna do it. The field we met in today was right behind Lilydale Primary School, so I know the area well, and the kids know me. I plan to recruit some of the older, more mature (is that possible in a 7th grader??) girls from the girls club I plan to do on Mondays, and I am hoping these girls will help me with a community after school club once a week in the field. They speak English and Zulu, so they can help me translate if little ones come. God only knows where this will lead! I would love to see it lead to helping me form more relationships with adults in the community. At least this will get me out of the school, and more into the community, and I am SO excited about this!! Please pray that God will continue to reveal His desires for me in all this. As I have said before, I only want to what HE is guiding me to do!! Also, pray for the children who came today, and for the adults we had a chance to speak with. Pray that God will continue to work in each of their hearts to reveal Himself more and more everyday!! Thank you for your prayers!!
God bless!
Bonnie B.
Link to pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnieb81

No comments: