Saturday, November 08, 2003

Yesterday was the personal retreat. It lasted from 9:45 until 3:45. I chose to spend the time in my room, and started out listening to and singing some praise songs and just meditating on the many different characteristics of God. It was so nice to just stop and be in His presence with no time line or schedule pushing me to hurry it along! Another thing I did was read the book of Nehemiah. One of my pastors has been urging us to read this book, so I finally did! One thing I learned from reading Nehemiah is that when God calls His people to a task, He's going to be the one responsible for making sure it happens! God finishes the work He begins! It was an awesome day, and I realized just how little time I spend with the Lord on any other day - very convicting.

Last night all the journeymen got together again to hang out. I'm getting to be good friends with them... I can't imagine leaving them all in a little over 5 weeks to go to our different parts of the world!!

Today (Saturday) is a free day pretty much. The only thing we have to do is go take a fitness test (grr, I feel like I'm in middle school again). I'm not looking forward to that, but oh well... what must be done, must be done.

Thanks to those who are emailing me - I really appreciate you taking time to keep in touch!! :)

Link to pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnieb81

No comments: