Wednesday, November 12, 2003

First things first: PRAYER REQUEST FROM THE FIELD!

My team leader and his family (whom many of you guys know), the Holidays, are running into major problems. They are supposed to come home for their stateside assignment in December. They also recently adopted their little boy, Joshuwa. They are having major problems with getting Joshuwa's Visa, and what it boils down to is that they're having an important meeting this coming Monday, and if they don't get his Visa, they're not coming home for another year. PRAY specifically that God would work for His glory in this meeting on MONDAY. Perhaps God wants them to stay, and if this be the case, pray that the Holiday family will be accepting of God's will and timing. Pray for peace and understanding that only Jesus Christ can give them.

As for me, I'm having a great time here. Today we had our first regional team time, when we met with our Southern Africa region leader and his wife and they gave us some information and just some preparatory stuff.

Today we also began talking about the persecution that comes along with being a Christian in many countries, and I don't mean like "she doesn't like me because I won't party with her." I mean torture and death and the like. It's not a pretty picture, though God warns us about it ALL through the Bible. The persecuted Church is the growing Church!

Last night the journeymen had a really fun "event." We all had to go on a scavenger hunt in Richmond, VA (where not many of us are from!!). Oh man, it was so so so much fun. I was in a car where none of us knew where we were going, so we had all kinds of fun stopping at random places to ask for directions! The journeymen are such a blessing to me. I miss my friends at home VERY VERY much. So I know that God has given me friends here to somewhat fill the void that I have by not being at home. God's cool like that! =D Soon there will be some new picture on my photo album of the fun we had last night. :)


Link to pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnieb81

No comments: