Sunday, November 30, 2003

Whoa! It's December already! Does that make anyone else freak out just a LITTLE!? I can't believe I have been at the MLC for almost 4 weeks already. It has flown by! Thanksgiving here was wonderful. The worship service was phenomenal. It was great to actually go to a worship service on Thanksgiving Day. It really helps you to remember exactly what we are to be most thankful for. I know people were praying for me, because I really expected to be sad about not being at home, but God was good to me, and my spirits were high all day. Guys, I even watched a little football - aren't you proud of me!? :-D Friday in DC was pretty cool. My group definitely spent a lot of time figuring out the metro system. Man, it takes forever to get from one place to the next! We ate at an Ethiopian Restaurant (it was African... though not South African). The restaurant was called Dukems, and I got Dukem Tibs (Lamb). I wish I could explain the whole ordeal, but it's hard in words. We had no utensils to eat with... just this really thin bread that you tear and pick up the meat and vegetable with. It was quite delicious! We really didn't get to talk to anybody in DC, which was a little disappointing to be honest. But a lot of people from the MLC talked to people and shared about Christ, so thank you for praying!

Right now I can't think about much accept for this crazy though.... MY BROTHER IS GETTING MARRIED NEXT SATURDAY!? Yeah, that's exciting, but a little weird. hehe I'm happy to be going home for a short visit though. It will be a nice break from VA.

Well, that's about it for now... sala kahle! (bye!)


Link to pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnieb81

No comments: