Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Catching up...

For those of you still reading... :)

I've spent these first few days trying to see old friends and catch up with them. On Sunday all of my local family came over for dinner after church and then Sunday night my best friend, Shannon, came over with her little girl, Savannah. Savannah was born only a few months after I arrived in South Africa, so she's already toddling around and getting into trouble! She's adorable though. It's so strange to see my best friend, whom I've known since the 6th grade, as a Mom!

Monday my Dad was brave enough to ride in the car with me as I practiced and relearned to drive on thr left side of the car on the right side of the road. My car here's automatic too, so I kept wanting to change gears! But I think I did pretty well. No catastophes. :) The hardest part is turning because I still have a tendancy to want to turn into the left side of the road. But I had the same problem in South Africa when I started driving, so I'm sure it'll get easier as I drive more. Today I'll drive to Durham by myself, so pray all goes well!!

Yesterday (Tuesday) my friend Candace picked me up and I rode with her go to pick up flowers for her wedding on Saturday. Then we came back to Sanford and processes flowers ALL day long! (meaning we took the leaves off, de-thorned them, and cut the bottoms off). It was a new experience and it was great to catch up with Candace and see her new house!

Today I'm going to Durham to have lunch with Chris and Amber. That'll be fun. Haven't seen them in a while (although they both came to South Africa at different times during my time there).

My kitties are doing well. Oreo is the braver of the two and ventures out of my room on occaion. Bud (my old 17 year old cat) isn't real fond of her, but he has no claws and no teeth, so he just tries to intimidate her by hissing. She stands her ground though! They'll get used to each other eventually. Wallace hangs out in my room 99% of the time. He at least comes out from under the bed now! Right now they're both sitting beside me on my bed. Sweet kitties. :) Even though I'm flat broke now (more so than I EVER was in SA), they were worth every penny.

Well, better go get this day started!! Thanks for checking in on me. :)

Cheers,
Bonnie

Link to pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnieb81

No comments: