Sunday, November 06, 2005

Back in NC




Well... I'm back! It's pretty crazy when I really think about it. Sometimes I feel like it was just a wierd dream that I just woke up from. Then I realize that it wasn't a dream and that I'm really here. I am very sleepy right now... I really
should be in bed, but I just wanted to update here and let you all know that I'm home. I had quite an ordeal in DC where they canceled my flight and put me on a 10pm flight. There was an earlier flight with another airline, but they wouldn't switch it to that one. And if I'd taken the 10pm flight, most of my family wouldn't have been able to stay up and come to the airport. So, I paid $150 out of my own little pocket to book the earlier flight! Then my luggage came through with the late flight! So my wonderful Dad went back to the airport that night to fetch my luggage. Crazy... the whole time I was in DC, I never got to sit down (literally) because I was going from terminal to terminal trying to figure out what was going on. When I finally bought the ticket for the 7:50 flight, it was about 7:00. Then as I was going through the check-point, they "randomly selected" me for a more thorough security check. It was all I could do not to cry (I think I was actually pretty teary-eyed). I'd already been through so much already that if I'd missed the flight I would've just lost it!! After getting through the check point I had to ride a little bus to get to the right terminal, and then when I got to the terminal, my gate was literally the farthest away!! The feeling that I had once I sat down on that airplane was so indescribably wonderful. I knew that in less than an hour I'd see my family! Well, not much later I finally got to NC and got to see my family!!!! It was so incredible to see them all. A few of my friends from the Summit also surprised me at the airport. :) So nice! Well, before I fall alseep at the computer, here are some photos from my arrival... Enjoy.

Waiting for me to arrive...


Me coming down the escalator to the baggage claim area where my family was waiting!
My nephew, Brian :)

Meeting my baby niece, Lauryn for the first time!!



Some of my friends from the Summit came to say hello too!
Well, I have a lot more pictures, but I'm having trouble getting them online. These will have to do for now! Enjoy... I'm going to bed!! :)




Link to pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnieb81

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back home! You pictures are beautiful! Thanks for sharing your reunion!