Sunday, July 17, 2005

Vain?

Tonight it had been about 4 weeks since I'd seen any of my church friends here in Jo'burg... with all the teams and such, I just hadn't been able to make it. I was so happy to be able to go tonight and worship with my community of friends and just see them again! For some reason... various people, all at different times and sererately from each other, told me that I looked pretty tonight. One girl even kept looking at me funny while we talked and then just said, "you just look so pretty tonight." Now, I don't know why this happened, but really, I'm so chuffed that it did. (Chuffed = really happy/surprised/excited... did I spell that right?) I'm in such a good mood right now. Part of me though is like, "wow... am I so vain that people telling me I look pretty puts me in this good of a mood?" But I also think it's ok... I think it's normal to feel great after people say such nice things. And I mean, it wasn't like these people were purposely trying to make me feel better or something... they all seemed genuine. And it's almost as if they were God's mouthpiece, reminding me that I am His beautiful girl. :) And I am, you know. I am beautiful... no matter what this stinkin' world thinks. And you are too! (or handsome or whatever suits you best;)) haha... man, I'm in such a great mood tonight. And no, it's not ALL b/c people told me I looked nice. I'm also just really excited to be in a place in my life where chaos has the potential to ruin me, but I am refusing to let it. It's like I'm saying, "Ha! Devil - get your booty outta here... I'm not listening to you and your confusing words anymore! I have a better authority to listen to and He is not the Author of confusion. And He has great plans for me, so just bug off!" *sigh* God is so good. I learn that more and more everyday. Goodnight world...
in Him,
Bonnie

Link to pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnieb81

No comments: