Saturday, May 28, 2005

Sad day in the life of Bonnie... A few of you know that I was looking into the possibility of working as a preschool teacher in a homeless shelter when I get home. The Durham Rescue Mission (Durham is the town I hope to live in) will be opening up a new preschool/day care soon, and I was really hoping I’d at least have a chance of applying to work there! Anyway, after waiting about a month to hear back from them, I just got an email saying that they’ve hired someone with a Master’s Degree in Special Education to train the mothers at the shelter to be the teachers. I know that’s a great idea, but I’m still sad that I won’t be able to work there! *sigh* I know there’s a plan for me somewhere… I just wish I had SOME kind of clue what that was. Man… now I really don’t want to go home. :(

Good thing I saw some ‘old’ friends tonight… at least there’s something to be happy about! :)

Goodnight…

Link to pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnieb81

No comments: