Monday, May 30, 2005

Happy Memorial Day! Yeah… if I were home right now, I’d have the day off, but alas, I am not! So… just a typical day for me. Well… kind of…

Today I was supposed to start a Bible study at Nurse’s house. She had invited some of her friends to come and they said they’d come. BUT… they didn’t. I wasn’t too surprised by that, so I just suggested that she and I meet every week and go through a Bible study called “The Disciple’s Cross.” She liked the idea, so that’s the plan! While we were there she said, “I want to show you some other books.” It seems the Watchtower has been making their rounds again in Braamfischerville. Nurse said, “I agree with some of what they say, but some of it is just wrong – it doesn’t make sense.” To which I replied, “you are absolutely correct… it IS wrong, and it doesn’t make sense because it’s wrong!” But she said they come by often and give out different books and always want to come in and talk (which I am not surprised by). Have you ever been just really made at Satan? I mean, my heart breaks for people such at Jehovah’s Witnesses because they are blinded. They are going after what they believe to be truth, but they’re seeking it in the wrong place! Sitting there, reading the books they’d given to Nurse I just got more and more angry at Satan. But I also started getting irritated with myself. Why don’t I know more about this cult? Why don’t I have the right answers to all of Nurse’s questions? I’m sure they have ‘answers’ and have done their homework, so why haven’t I!? So, when I left Nurse’s house I went to CUM (Christian bookstore) and bought some books on Jehovah’s Witnesses and I’m starting to do my homework. I’m tired of being confused! Some of the stuff I’m reading now blows my mind. How have people been blinded by this? My heart truly breaks for them…

On a completely different note, I almost didn’t get to go to the gym tonight! I planned all day on going to the Power Boxing class, but when I drove into the parking lot at 6:55, all the lights were out! And I mean ALL the lights! The traffic lights, the lights in the parking lot and all the shop lights. I was so sad! I decided though, since there were still lots of cars there, that they must not have been out long, and that they’d come back on. So, I sat in my car and waited. About 10 minutes later, sure enough, the power came back! And I went to my power boxing class. Hooray! I could tell it had been a while!! It was a nice break from the weights… I’ll get back to those tomorrow. Ugh… I mean, YAY! hehe :)

Now I really need to go to bed… it’s been a long day!!

in Him,

Bonnie

Link to pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnieb81

No comments: