Sunday, May 08, 2005

Happy Mother’s Day! This is my second year away from my mother, which is sad, but we are both excited that next year we’ll be together, and I plan to spoil her richly (well, “richly” in the non-monetary way – haha)!! To all you mothers out there, thanks for putting up with snotty nosed kids and temper tantrums. I’m sure my glad my Mom didn’t give up on me when I had a tantrum… I’d have been a goner a long time ago. ;)

Nothing all too exciting is going on today for me… it’s been a quiet afternoon of studying with the cats at my side. :) It’s surprisingly warm today… and quite frankly I’m ready for the cold to come and stay! I love winter time… warm sweaters, fuzzy scarves and cozy hats – I’m all about it. =)

Today Rand Leases went really well. We had a cool skit about temptation where Craig literally tempted the kids to do something I had told them not to do while I went to my car. They actually didn’t take the sweets! I was quite impressed. Sadly, however, after the lesson was over I gave out the sweets and at least one kid lied about having received one already… I think we need a lesson on stealing and lying!! They were cute though, and I know the leaders had fun taking part in the lesson too. Nurse continues to be an excellent teacher. Today she said, “ooh, I just LOVE teaching… even when I am sleeping I think about teaching.” Wow… she is SUCH a God send!! She makes teaching lifeskills more fun for me too, and much less stressful. She’s excited that we go back to teaching tomorrow, after taking a break last week. Please pray for Nurse – God is teaching her and using her in mighty ways!!

In a few minutes I am going to Braamfisherville to meet with Kurt and Pastor Aaron, the pastor of Braamfisherville Baptist Church. We are trying to partner with the church and begin a children’s ministry there on Sunday mornings. A lot of the kids that we see on Saturdays at Durban Deep are actually coming from Braamfisherville, so it will work out well if we can start meeting there. I think it will help the church to grow as well. Be in prayer for this partnership – that it will be successful and will contribute to bringing God’s glory! Nurse went to the church this week and last week on her own and really enjoyed it. It is only about 10 minutes from her house. For a while now she has been teaching the kids on Sunday mornings and has not had a chance to take part in a church service. She’s loved worshipping at BBC, and she’s making some friends!! Hooray!

Well, I’d better go get ready… thanks for checking up on me!!
In Him,
Bonnie


Link to pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnieb81

No comments: