Monday, May 09, 2005

My new endeavour...

You know, I've learned a lot in South Africa... much being"spiritual" stuff... but I write enough about that. ;) On to something new! Just recently I had a strange desire to make a video. Now mind you, I am armed with a regular little video camera, and my 3.2 mega-pixel digital camera which also takes really cruddy videos (but hey, they're still good for making memoies!). Well, one random Sunday afternoon I went to town on my video. It's kinda cheesy, but I had fun, and that was the intended goal. Being pretty excited about my little video, I sent an incredibly low scale version of it to my video-editing guru friend in the States. And low and behold, he says I'm not bad! He says it "looks like he might have a new video editing assistant in the next few months!" Wow... definitely not the reaction I expected, and let me say, this friend is not one to just dish out compliments to make someone feel good about themselves! He says when I come home, he'll have to put a real camera in my hands and see what I can do! Interesting, hey? Who knew I even had an ounce of talent in this area!? Not me... that's for sure! Since then I've made another (also cheesy) video... and now I'm out of footage. Too bad! Oh, this couple also came from the States just last week to get some video footage of our area as well as other areas in Southern African because they're making a prayer DVD. That guy took a look at my video and said, "just get yourself a good camera and a good editing program and you'll be ready to go!" I said, "yeah... with what money?!" And he replied, "well, mine only cost me $5000.00" HA! Must be nice to be rich! I wouldn't know... and don't plan to ever know for that matter. Anyway... that's my new endeavour as of late. Who knows where it may take me...

Until next time...
Bonnie B.
Link to pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnieb81

No comments: