Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Hooray for holidays! Monday was a public holiday... I don't even know what it was, but I know I got a break from teaching. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids and I love teaching, but it's always nice to get a break and have a chance to unwind a little bit. Both yesterday and today (Tuesday) I have off from teaching, so I am taking a chance to relax! Tomorrow I get back into the swing of things, and I'll be going to Rand Leases to work with the little ones there. I just love those little guys!! I guess I don't really have a ton to write about, since not too much has happened. Oh... I went to a new church Sunday morning after Rand Leases. I went to Braamfisherville Baptist. Kurt has been working with this little church, and there is also a chance that the group I work with might start coming and joining them to help start a children's church for the kids. It's definintely my dream to get us all working together for the common goal, and this is one step in that direction. The church service was lots of fun... it's been a while since I've gotten to participate in an actual African church service. :) Northcliff is great, but it's definitely Westernized (and I'm not complaining about that!). Nurse also really enjoyed Braamfisherville Baptist. She lives in Braamfisherville, but is new to the area and doesn't know any Christians her age. I hope that through this church she will make some new friends! I know that having Christian peers is so important at our age. (and any age really!)
Well... I do have some reading to get done for my counseling class on Thursday, so I'd better get to work. :) Thanks for checking in on me!
In Him,
Bonnie
Link to pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnieb81

1 comment:

Roger Saner said...

Monday was "Workers Day" where hard workers around the country celebrate by doing nothing and also the fact that Freedom Day was last Wednesday and by taking only 2 days off work we get to have a 6 day holiday. Gotta love South Africa!

Sorry I didn't reply to your sms of a while back - yes, I'm alive, all good (if you know what that means to me!) and still read this blog. Cool pictures :)