Monday, May 23, 2005

For those of you who are keeping tabs on me and my gym-challenge, I DID go today… so that makes 7 days in a row. hehe Go me. I jogged 2 miles and then walk/jogged 3 more miles. Yeah, I was at the gym for a while! You know what’s funny? I’ve been here for 16 months and have been going to the gym almost the whole time, but on the treadmill, my mind still doesn’t function with kilometres. I know that 1.6k = 1 mile, so I always have to go in increments of 1.6 so that I know how many miles I’ve gone. I know… I don’t make much sense. I’m used to that by now. ;) There’s a slight (very slight) chance that I may have to break the challenge this weekend though. Some of my friends are going down to Cape Town for the weekend and I REALLY want to go, but I think the only way I can go is if I go down with my friend Craig (by plane) and meet the others there. I don’t think I’m allowed to do that… because then I’d have to be alone with Craig and some point, and you know us missionaries, you just can’t trust us. (*hint of slight bitterness about stinkin’ rules*) I also don’t know exactly who’s going yet… Plus I have commitments to ministry on the weekends, and I can’t just up and leave it at less than a week’s notice. Gotta be responsible. *sigh* I hope something, ANYthing fun happens this weekend so I don’t feel so down about not going to Cape Town… which is something I’ve really wanted to do while I’m here. Oh well, maybe another opportunity will present itself! Maybe something better. ;) You never know…

Until next time...

Link to pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnieb81

No comments: