Saturday, July 01, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me!

Yay! Robin Crabtree made me a special turtle cake for my birthday. She knew I collected turtles, but didn't know why. She had no idea that turtles have a very symbolic meaning for me... they remind me that God has placed me exactly where I am, and that He has a purpose for everything that is going on right now... a timely reminder since I've lately found out more and more problems with my dear little house! The young professionals (YPs) went extreme bowling last night, and then afterwards we went to Robin and Lauren's apartment. They had decorated so beautifully! It was so much fun to celebrate my birthday with many newly acquired friends. God has been so great and faithful to me in the last year. I can't wait to see what He will do this year in my life!
Today has been a very eventful day for the house. Stephen Baker came over to put up some light fixtures. We (he) encountered some strange electrical issues, to which he kept saying, "this is so weird." Welcome to my house! :) There's now a fan and lights in both the living
room as well as my bedroom! Progress! I also decided to tear down the weird bamboo looking ceiling in the living room. It's a long process since they used about 5000 staples to hold that stuff up! It's looking good though so far... I'm still not done. I'm taking a break!

Jon also came over and cleaned out my gutters. What an amazing guy! I don't know what I'd do without all my awesome friends. So all in all, it's been a great birthday! And tomorrow I get to go home and see my family, which is always lots of fun! :)

Thanks for checking in on me!


Link to pictures: http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnieb81

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Miss Bonnie!!!

Love, Mrs.Janel

Anonymous said...

I Love U Mrs,Bonnie And I Miss You Happy B Day

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Bonnie! Hope it was absolutely awesome! :)

Jason and Keren and Mandy and Sean were around here last night watching the world cup final and saw pics of your new house - hooray! (you're crazy, you know that?!)