Sunday, July 09, 2006

Satan's crazy tactics...

I tell you... Satan never stops, does he?! Most of you faithful readers out there know that in South Africa (for the first year and few months anyway) I helped lead worship in various churches in various ways. When I came back home to the Summit, there was no need for one more voice! I stayed out of the choir scene till I just couldn't anymore... and finally joined the choir a couple months ago. :) Well, the choir gets a break in the Summer and a small praise team leads worship for the church on Sunday mornings. I've never asked the worship pastor to be involved on these teams because (I'll be honest) I don't want it to be a pride thing ("I can sing, let me on the team...") I'm not saying I'm all that great or anything... I just know my weaknesses! Well, this Thursday, Jason called me and asked if I'd fill in for one of the girls at the last minute. (Jason is the associate worship pastor, and we sang together in college.) Wow! What an honor and an exciting time for me! I've been listening to the music and practicing nonstop since Thursday, loving the songs and praying about the words in them. I learned long ago that it's not at all about performing, but rather worshipping, and inviting others to worship with you (thanks to Chris!). Well, the past few days I seem to have had a sign on my head that says, "please share with me your dating woes!" Uh... I don't remember putting that sign there, and to be honest, I'm not the best person to talk to about them. Maybe people apparently forget that I'm single too... and have been for quite some time. When friends complain to me that it's been a couple years since they've been in a relationship, I want to stop them there and say... um... try 25! Argh. Here's the thing that makes me mad at myself though. I should NOT get upset about stuff like this! I want to be mature and grounded so solidly in God's Word and His awesome plan for my life, that I can be there to offer Godly wisdom (rather than experiential wisdom) to my friends. I have absolutely no reason, no reason at all to complain!! :) God is blessing me over and over again here lately. He's shown me time and time again that I'm where I'm supposed to be. He's introduced me to some new people who are ministering in a neighborhood 3 minutes from my house, and I'm going to start working with them! This past week I got to love on some Hispanic kids, and they've brought me such joy! A couple of weeks ago, my pastor, JD, preached an amazing sermon on singleness. It challenged me so much to not waste a single minute of my life waiting around for some guy to show up. No way! He has called me to amazing things. I count it an honor above all honors to be called into ministry for Him. I might not know what that exact ministry is right now, but it's in me. My heart leaps at the thought of working for Him! You know what? Finding a guy with that same heart is difficult. And by golly, I'm not going to settle for someone who isn't heading in the same direction as me. :) Part of one of the songs we're singing tomorrow says, "I'm not content just to walk through my life. Giving in to the lies. Walking in compromises." And those words ring so true to me. I'm not going to walk through my life listening to the lies around me that say I should be dating. The lies of people who tell me something is wrong with a 25 year old girl who's never been in a serious relationship. God created me with a purpose and a plan. I am going to run to Him as hard and as fast as I can. God help me stand firm against the lies and the schemes of Satan. I won't let him win!!

(wow... blogging is really therapeutic!)

Link to pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnieb81

No comments: