Tuesday, July 04, 2006

air conditioning!

Wow... I slept so well last night! Last night was the first night that I finally had air conditioning flowing into my house. I'd had the A/C on before, but it was not really getting to the house. It turns out that the duct work under the house was really messed up, so I was cooling the crawl space rather well, but not the house! Well, my Dad works for a company that deals with duct work for big companies, so he knows all about duct. So that was our big project yesterday. And it really was a BIG project! I don't know what happened under the house, but just about every possible line into the house was damaged considerably. Dad did most of the work by himself, but a few times he needed my help! It was really cool for me to be able to help him. Growing up with 2 older brothers, they were (and still are most the time!) the ones that help Dad fix things, but yesterday I was his only choice. So I got to go under the house with him and get dusty and muddy! I hope that as more project arise in this house, Dad will be able to use my help, and two things will happen... one, I'll learn more about fixing things, and two, Dad and I will get to spend more time together! Two great things!! :)

Oreo and Wallace are also finally here. I brought them back with me Sunday night. They hid for about 24 hours but this morning when I woke up, both of them were sleeping with me on my bed. They used to sleep with me in South Africa (on a twin bed!) but as my parents' house, they weren't allowed back where the bedrooms were. I think they're glad to have their roam of the whole house again! It's great to have them here with me again. I missed not having them!

Well, I have a long list of things to go shopping for. I think that list is neverending! Yay for SuperTarget! :)

Link to pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnieb81

No comments: