Thursday, July 13, 2006

I am a lucky girl...

Maybe blessed would be a better word... at times I have the tendency to believe the lie that I am all alone. Sometimes when things get bad with the house I am so close to just throwing in the towel! Of course, sometimes I think that is exactly what God wants... He wants me to stop trying in my feeble efforts and trust Him fully. How can I even dare to say I am alone?!? A few years back, a pastor from another church was trying to convince me to stay at that church and he said, "churches are like families; you don't choose them, God places you into one, and knits you into it." Well, great wisdom, pastor! I knew when he said that, that the Summit was going to be my family. That was probably 4 years ago now, and The Summit is indeed my family!! Just in the things that happened today, it involved... 1)a Summit guy who sells plumbing and connected me with a guy who seems to be giving me a great deal on my sewer hook up, 2)Neil Baker, whom I borrowed a ladder from, 3)Melissa Knight (my roommate) who painted all afternoon, 4)Mark (Mel's boyfriend) who also painted and then went with me to Lowe's to pick out stuff to make a closet (he's constructing a closet!), and 5)Jon Thommarson who floored the attic for me so I can store stuff up there! Five people, and that's just one day. I am most certainly NOT alone! Thank You, Lord, for placing me into an awesome church, and knitting me into the beautiful fabric of this family. You are so good!

In other news... I HAVE A JOB!!! Yesterday (Wednesday) I was called and offered the Pre-K position at Central Elementary School. I'm so excited! I feel really good so far about the company I'll be in (Head Start) and the people I'll be working with. I think this is going to be an excellent learning time for me too. Plus, I'll be making almost $4000 more than I did at my Childcare Network job, AND I'll have benefits - FINALLY!

Well, it's late, and I must get to bed! Thanks for checking in on me!!

Bonnie B.

Link to pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnieb81

No comments: