Wednesday, July 19, 2006

missing my other home

Strange... It's going on 9 months that I've been here in the States, and yet sometimes I still really miss being in South Africa. I can't even explain it really; I just wish I was there! It's funny, every once in a while I'll think of somewhere that I used to go in SA (like a store or something small) and think I want to go there, and forget that it was in a country thousands of miles away! Of course, I do eventually remember, and am then saddened that I can't go! I miss people too. I don't think I realized then how great I had it. I mean, life's great now too, and my friends here are amazing. But in SA, I had lots of ministry friends... friends who shared my heart and passion for sharing Christ's love with others. Not that my friends here don't care (please don't think that!)... it's just not most of my friends' main goal in life. I had lots of friends directly involved in missions/ministry in Jo'burg, and boy do I miss that. I'm not generally the instigator of great discussion, but to be amongst friends who ask all the right questions and get me to dig deeper... that's what I miss about my Jo'burg friends. I haven't been challenged lately. I have been by life! But not so much by my friends and our discussions. So... Jo'burg folks (if you're out there keeping up with me!), please know that you are missed dearly! I pray that one of these days I can come back and see you all once again. One of these days...

Link to pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnieb81

No comments: