Thursday, September 22, 2005

Thank God for Moms :)

I talked to my Mom on the phone this afternoon and she has been doing some “behind the scenes” work for me, without me even knowing!! In case you don’t know, when I go back to the States I’ll be looking for a preschool (pre-primary) teaching job. In North Carolina there’s a programme called “More at Four” which target underprivileged children. In Lee County (where my parents live) there are 4 of these programmes, and they seem to have a large focus on the Spanish speaking community. Also in case you don’t know… I have a love for the Spanish language. God has gifted me with the love, as well as the ability. I know I’ve lost a lot of it since I’ve been in South Africa, but I know it will come back as soon as I have the chance to use it again! The first time I ever lead someone in the prayer of salvation was in Spanish. I’ll never forget that! I am really hoping that God will give me opportunities to use Spanish again once I get back to NC. So… back to where I started… my Mom has been in contact with a lady who has something to do with these More at Four programmes in Lee County. She said they’re often looking for people, and that it is required that they have people with an actual B-K (birth to kindergarten) degree on staff. That’s the degree I have!! I’m excited that there’s at least a chance for me there! It’s something to look forward to for sure. Now… if only I’d packed my English/Spanish dictionary with me when I came I could start reviewing. Guess I figured I wouldn’t have too much use for it here (and I was right!). Oh well… the Spanish music I brought with me will have to suffice for now. :) So… THANKS MOM! I’m a pretty blessed gal to have a Mom who’s always looking out for me, even across an ocean! I love ya Mom!!
G’night all…
Bonnie B.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's good to see how God is preparing a place for you here back home! ;)

Anonymous said...

My sister, Marie, works in Guilford County (Greensboro) in the public schools with 4-yr olds. I have heard her mention the More at Four program, so I guess she is involved in it in some way. If you want more info, I could put you two in touch. She is in her 5th year, I think.
-Sara McD.