Wednesday, September 14, 2005

One down, one to go

I wrote one of my final exams this morning… advanced counselling. I’m so glad to have that over. I think I did fairly well though. It was all essays… and I’m a fairly decent writer when I need to be, so as long as I remember the material, I’m usually fine. I really liked that class… although I feel like I counselled myself more over this past term than I’ll counsel others! It was cool though… going into this term I was a bit of a mess. It was right when I was having to make a final decision about whether I was going to go home and stay home, or work on getting a job here and coming back next year. The very first day of class we talked about decision making… funny, hey? Anyway, it’s been an awesome class… I’m sad that it’s over! I’ve really enjoyed the people in that class too. I met my friend, Jason, in the counselling class last term. He’s a church planter here in Jo’burg and he’s from Port Elizabeth. He also just came back from 2 weeks in the States and he said America’s a really great place. I have to agree with him. ;)

This past Sunday morning I visited Jason’s church, Kaleo Bible Church. It was really great… the kind of church I’d envision myself in when I go back home… a new church that is starting from scratch and seeking to do everything according to the Bible – that’s my kinda place.

Monday night I had an awesome conversation with Craig Richardson, one of the best friends I’ve made here in South Africa. He wanted to encourage me and thank me for being an encouragement to him in the past few months since we’ve known each other. Cool, huh? More people need to be open like that and let others know when they’ve made a difference in their lives!! I think we’d live in a happier world. :)

Well, I have one more exam on Friday morning (comparative religions) and I need to be studying for that right now. Thankfully I have a day in between the 2 exams where I can relax. I can study all day tomorrow except for when I am going to babysit the Lechner kids (or “hang out” as the older kids call it – hehe).

I’d better get back to studying… thanks for checking in on me!!
Cheers,
Bonnie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bonnie! If you're looking for a church start when you get back, I've got a suggestion for you. I've recently gotten somewhat involved in a church start in Smyrna, DE. I know it's no where near Durham, NC. . .but. . .My church (North Baptist in Wilmington, DE) is helping out with it. If you want more info, email me!
-Sara McD (mcsarac@earthlink.net)

Roger Saner said...

Mwahahaaa! Thanks for the laugh! My goodness! HAHAHAHAHA! Craig....Richardson...HOT?!?! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! To quote him: "I'm just so good-looking right now!" Thanks for the laughs!

Bonnie G. said...

dang! dang dang dang! I must've had a brief moment where I forgot that you read this. Well, you weren't for a while! And hey, I have LOTS of other hot friends too ya know. Not just the 2 pictured there. I have lots of pictures on my blog. Ya punk. If you tell Craig I said that, I'll hunt you down....