Tuesday, September 20, 2005

I felt like a Mom today...



and it was quite fun!!  Last night I spent the night at the Lechners’ house so that I could wake up early and watch the kids so that Angie and Charlie could go out to lunch to Bill Steeger.  These kids rock. Really.  They are the coolest kids.  (well, actually I think my nephews and nieces are the coolest… but the Lechner kids are the coolest in South Africa!!)    Anyway, once the parents left we had a lovely afternoon.  For a while I worked on reading Mark (for the study we’re doing at church) while the kids watched a DVD of the Little Rascals.  It was kinda cool… I really did feel like I was practicing for what it’ll be like when I’m a Mom someday.  Like, I was so thankful that all 4 kids were happily doing the same thing so that I could get some time with God.  :)  (Angie, I have such admiration for you, just so you know!!)  Anyway… a little bit later Abby, Luke, Coleson and I had a “tea party” with all of Abby’s little plastic fake food and little tea cups.  Coleson is a real stand-up big brother.  I mean, the kid’s 12, and he was in there with us “preparing the tea” and “serving” us whatever we wanted with our tea.   After that the 4 of us decided to have a real tea party in the dining room.  (Will was watching a movie, as he wasn’t really feeling the tea party vibe;))  So the 4 of us made some real tea and had tea and Oreos.  Oh yeah… we were livin’ it up big time. ;)  All was well until Coleson spilled his drink all over the table… but oddly enough, he cleaned it all up himself.  Amazing.  After that the little ones played in Abby’s room and Coleson joined Will watching the movie.  I proceeded to wash and put away dishes.  Hey… Moms do it all the time, so I had to get a feel for the real deal.  Eventually it was time to start getting lunch ready.  Coleson and I made pizza from scratch!!  Fun times.  We made the dough, the pizza sauce and put the pizza together.  We made a good team, and the pizza was quite nice, I must admit.  Eventually everything was ready, and all 5 of us sat down for lunch.  We all held hands and a couple of the kids argued over who was going to pray (arguments are usually not good things but atleast they both wanted to pray!!).  A decision was finally made, and Will prayed for us.  And for a second I just kinda sat back and watched them.  I love these kids.  Aside from just being cool kids, they really are training me for the real thing some day.  And I just thought, “wow, put a husband in this picture, and God willing, this will be my life someday!”  I really can’t wait to be a wife and a mom.  I mean, I will wait.  But when God decides to bring him into my life, I’m going to be so excited.  And he’ll be so worth it.  He’ll be just right for me – just like Angie and Charlie are so right for each other.  I’m so thankful that God has given me such a Godly family to pattern my future family after! Man… I wish I could express real emotion on this thing.  I’m just so smiley right now thinking about all that I know God has planned for me, as well as thinking about all that He has blessed me with in the now.  He’s so good!!  Anyway… back to the kids. :)  After lunch, Coleson actually helped me clean up… the kid washed dishes… how cool is he?!  Soon after that Angie and Charlie came home and my day with the kids was over.  All in all it was so much fun though… a pretend tea party, a real tea party, making pizza from scratch…Intermix all that with the occasional, “boys, stop fighting!” and “stop picking on your sister!” and I’d say I had a nice practice run today.  Can’t wait for the real thing! :)

And now I’m very sleepy!  Tonight after the school of the Bible at Northcliff, a few of the young adults went to get coffee and we stayed pretty late!  It was so nice though… just sitting and chatting with people who are all ministry minded and completely God-focused.  Quite a nice way to end the evening.  Actually, that didn’t end the evening.  After I got home, I phoned Taryn (she had been at coffee with us) and we talked for another hour and a half about things we couldn’t really talk about with the rest of our company before. ;)  I’ve only recently become friends with Taryn, but she’s pretty amazing and I’m glad I’m getting to know her now.  Better late than never!!

And on that note… it is way past my bed time!
Cheers…
Bonnie  B.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bonnie rocks!