Monday, September 19, 2005

The beginning of the end!

Well, today is Monday and it’s probably going to be a slow week.  I can’t believe I’m not at school teaching today like I have been for so long, but it’s nice to be relaxing!  I actually have a few things to look forward to in the next couple of weeks.  One of my fellow journeymen, Rachel, is here from Botswana. She’s in Jo’burg for medical.  One of the perks of being a “Joburg journeyman” is that when people come in from other countries, I get to visit them!  So I’m going up there this afternoon to hang out with her and another journeyman from Zambia.  Fun times. :)  Then Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday night at Northcliff there is a mini “school of the Bible” that is being taught by Bill Steeger, a guy from Ouachita Baptist University.  He taught Charlie, and if I’m not mistaken, he’s part of the reason the Lechners are in Southern Africa today.  Small world, hey?  Anyway, I heard him preach last night and he’s good!  It’s funny to hear an American preaching, especially a southern American!  Tonight I’m spending the night with the Lechners after church so that I can be there in the morning to watch the kids so Angie and Charlie can go out with Mr. Steeger.  That’ll be fun. :)  

Next week I’m going to Swaziland for a few days!  I’m so excited to hang out with the Allens one last time, and especially their daughter, Lacey.  She’s so cute!!  

After that I don’t know what I’m doing, but I’m sure something will come up between now and then. I’m just gonna sit back, and let life happen for the next 7 weeks.

Until next time…
Bonnie B.

2 comments:

Roger Saner said...

Doh - but at least you still have a month or two left :) Sorry, should've been reading your posts more often (embarrassed look) but hope Swaziland is excellent! Cool seeing you tonight (for a millisecond) - gotta love Cresta.

And I see you're hanging out with Dan - good man. A good friend of mine from the past but we need to catch up - which we'll hopefully do this week.

Bonnie G. said...

Yes yes... Cresta is always the place to see random people without planning to see them! Lovely...

And just incase anyone else is reading this, I need to make sure you know that I was not only hanging out with Dan... there were other people there as well! No breaking the rules for me! :) Just wanted to make that clear!