Monday, September 05, 2005

Labor Day...

It's an American holiday today and I didn't even know. I'm supposed to get those off, since technically I work for an American organization, but what am I gonna do, tell my South African schools that I'm not coming in because I'm celebrating an American holiday? I think not. So, I went to Lakeview today and the kids were just aweful. I hate saying that, because I really love teaching and I love kids. It makes me sad that in all this time I haven't learned how to handle them. You know though, I had a handle on everything, but then once Nurse started teaching with me they got used to her, so now when I go without her it's mayem. I'm grateful for her teaching though, and I'm almost finished teaching anyway. Last week is my last week - how insanely crazy is that? Tomorrow should be better... the kids at Emadlelweni are usually better behaved.

I saw a very emotional movie tonight called Losing Isaiah. It's about a white couple who adopt a crack addict baby who'd been abandoned and almost killed in a dumpster. Then the Mom (a black woman) cleans up her act and wants the kid back a few years later. Talk about yanking at my emotions tonight. I tend to get really wrapped up in movies... I figure if I'm going to watch a movie, I'll go with whole 'suspension of disbelief' thing for a while to get the full effect. I've always thought I'd love to adopt some kids from different cultures and what not, but this movie makes me scared to do that! It all ended up happy in the movie, but now I'm just thinking about all the adoption cases that don't end up happy... so now I'm sad. Dang movie. I was spending some time with the Morans though, so that was fun. I can't believe they leave for the States in less that 2 weeks! Time is flying... and I'm not happy about that. But I can't stop it, so I'll just go with it I guess!

Lala kahle...
Bonnie B.
Link to pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnieb81

2 comments:

Roger Saner said...

Haha - my turn to correct you - it's "Hlala" not "Lala." I think Lala is a TellyTubby...

Bonnie G. said...

Dude... you are so wrong... (ahem) again! Hlala means sit. I was not telling people to "sit well." Lala kahle means "lay well" literally... otherwise known as "goodnight." You have fast internet... if I were you I'd check my zulu before correcting the girl who works in the townships! ;)