Sunday, February 27, 2005

What a great weekend! On Saturday I joined a group from Northcliff Union for a ministry event in Rand Lisa's, an informal settlement close by. Everything went very well until it started to rain... and then pour... and then HAIL! Crazy... they kept on playing soccer (football) though. They're serious about some soccer! Afterwards some people shared testimonies and the like. It went very well! (By the way, I played volleyball, not soccer, and we stopped playing when the rains came!!) I went back today to see what was happening at the church, and I just loved it. I helped with the kids part. We take the kids out for Sunday School while the adults have the sermon. I LOVED it!! I ended up with the little bitty kids... the ones who don't really listen to the lesson, and afterwards I was asked if I would come back and kind of take on the little kids every week! I said yes, and I am so VERY excited! This is the kind of thing I have wanted to be a part of for quite some time. God is truly answering my requests of something new in the area of ministry, and I couldn't have asked for something better. I finally get to work with little kids again!!! Tonight I went back to Northcliff Union and had a totally different experience than last week. This time I knew enough people that I didn't feel left out and like a stranger. I met some awesome people yesterday (at the sports event and then later at a bday party) and it was cool to be able to see them again tonight. I'm also meeting one of the girls and going through with her to the Bible study on Tuesday night! Hooray for new and exciting things to look forward to!! 5 or 6 weeks ago I couldn't have imagined my plate being this full and life being so exciting. It's funny the way God works... and the people He works through to get you to points like this!! (Rog, that's a shout out for you man... all this is happening b/c of one conversation... and then one thing leads to the next!) Who knows what the future holds. :-D Life is grand. For once it is Sunday night and I am thrilled beyond description to be going into a new week. No more, "oh yay... another week." Dang, God's awesome, isn't He?!? I can't wait to see my kids tomorrow and Tuesday and my girls at girls club Tuesday afternoon. We're finally starting the actual Bible study this week, so that ought to be fun and exciting. Alright friends... those faithful few of you who still check this thing. You guys rock. God bless!!
Cheers,
Bon

Link to pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnieb81

No comments: