Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Ok, so it’s been a few days since I’ve last updated… sorry! I was doing so well there for a while… what happened? So what’s new…? Not all that much, really. Last week was good. The weekend was fun. :) Oh! I finally started going back to power boxing again. Wow, I could tell it had been a while since I’d done it, but now that I’m back into the regular routine again, I’m doing fine.
School and girls club has been going very well lately. The schools continue to confuse me with changes in schedule and unexpected assemblies (so then I don’t get to teach) but I’ve learned to be flexible and just go with the flow! Girls club is different every week. Last week I had a ton of girls there, and they were quite unruly! But this past week baseball practice started, so a lot of them were there, and the numbers were back down to a reasonable size. I like having a lot of girls there, but at the same time, too many overwhelms me!! Yesterday was a great number. There were a lot of them, but not so many that I couldn’t control them. We learned some new songs, did some art, and had a lesson on how special they are and how God even knows their names. I love teaching them such simple, but truthful lessons! Yesterday I also gave a lift home to a couple of the girls. They each lived in pretty nice houses (compared to the others in their area). Here’s some exciting news! On Friday, I am picking one of the girls up from school and I’m going to her house to visit!! I’ve never been to my students’ homes before, so this will be a new experience for me. I’m excited to meet her family! The girl’s name is Ziphora, and she’s been one of my treasures since last year. Who knows where this will lead!
This past weekend I hung out with the missionary families. American Idol is on here if you have a satellite dish, so I went to the Lechners’ house to watch that on Friday night. :) Saturday afternoon I spent with Janna Kay and Joshuwa when Kurt and Ruth Anne went to a rugby match. What would I do without my missionary family?? Sunday morning I went to Rand Lisa’s again. It went pretty well… the kids were crazy, but hey… that’s what makes them fun and exciting! :) Sunday evening I went back to Northcliff and once again, I really enjoyed it. I also went back to the young adults Bible study on Tuesday night and for the first time in quite a while, I really felt like I fit in! It was so great to walk into a room full of people my age, and know at least half of them by name. I’ll definitely be making that a regular Tuesday event!
Now I am busy with preparing for my exams next week. It’s crazy to be studying for exams again! But after next week I’ll have about a month until the next term begins at the college. It’ll be nice to have the break, but I don’t know what I’m going to do with my extra time!! I’ve enjoyed having something to do and somewhere to go when I’m not teaching. I’m sure I’ll find something to keep me occupies though!
That’s about it for now… I’m strangely tired today, and I’m going to TRY to go to bed at a regular hour tonight. Usually when I try that though, I can’t sleep! Tonight I think will be different though. Having to get up early for college makes me sleepy by the end of the day!
Have a great week, and thanks for checking in on me!!!
Love to you all…
Bonnie B.


Link to pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnieb81

No comments: