Wednesday, February 09, 2005

We're back! Kruger Park was great. We saw three of the "big five": lion, buffalo and elephant. There were lots of elephant, but we only saw 2 lions once and a herd of buffalo once. The other 2 of the 5 are pretty elusive! (Leopard and Rhino) Now the only one of the big 5 I haven't seen is the leopard, and chances are I won't get to... those cats can hide!! Eventually I'll be able to get some pictures online, but it's going to take a while since my Mom and Dad had the cameras. I'll have to wait till they go back to the States and they get them developed there. Oh well... good things are worth waiting for I guess! We stayed in a really cute, one bedroom bungalow inside Kruger Park, and we ate at 2 really neat restaurants inside our camp (Skukuza). We also did one night drive, but it was pretty much a waste of time and money. We saw more when we drove ourselves around!! Yesterday I wanted to go see some of Blyde River Canyon before coming home... Well, it took us way out of the way, and we didn't get home until about 9:30pm, and we'd been in the car almost all day since 6am!! I think my parents were pretty happy to get back! I still had homework however, since I am going to class today, so I was up until about 2:45 this morning... college life is setting back in!! Well, I have to get ready for class. Thanks for checking in on us!
Cheers,
Bonnie

Link to pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnieb81

No comments: