Sunday, February 20, 2005

Alright... It's been a few days since I have last updated, so here is a short update. (I’m tired, so it’s going to HAVE to be short!) Mom and Dad left on Thursday. That was definitely hard, and it hasn’t been an easy transition for me, but God is bringing peace to my heart one day at a time. Angie took us to the airport, and I was so thankful for her presence!! She helped everything go as smooth as possible, and I was grateful for not having to drive after saying the VERY hard goodbyes to Mom and Dad. My missionary family has been doing their best to keep me busy so I don’t think too much about missing Mom and Dad. Friday night I went to Frank and Sheri’s house for dinner and cards. Then I went and spent the night at the Holidays’ house since I had to get up early to go with them to Ruth Anne’s big horse show Saturday morning. I went to watch after Joshuwa, but I also got to see Ruth Anne ride, which was a really neat experience! She did great… both she and Ivy (her horse) were beautiful. :) That lasted almost all day Saturday, but once I came home around 4pm I got sad again! Just about everything reminded me of Mom and Dad’s being here and I just wanted them to be back again! But I got through the night, as usual! Hehe Today I went to church at Ridgecrest and then out to lunch with the Holidays afterwards. Ruth Anne and I chilled for a while at the mall and then I went back to their house. Then a little later we went over to the Lechner house to practice music for AMTM (Annual Missionary Training Meeting) since we’re leading for that week. I visited a new church tonight called Northcliff Union. It was a great service, but I hate being a stranger! (Guess I should like it though since Christ tells us to be strangers to this world!!… but that’s another topic… hehe) Anyway, here’s a challenge to any young adults out there who are involved in a church. If you ever see someone who looks remotely close to your age and sitting alone, TALK to them! I know it’s not always easy, but I assure you that the visitor feels 10xs more uncomfortable than you!! By simply saying hello and introducing yourself, you can ease their nerves tremendously. All that to say, that didn’t happen to me tonight. People weren’t rude or anything, but no one went out of their way to say hello. I guess they all have their quota of friends or something… who knows. I did see one girl that I had kind of met before, so we chatted briefly and then I saw Craig, who goes to my college, and he introduced me to a few people before I had to go to team prayer. I’ll probably go back again sometime (maybe even next week!) and maybe more people will talk this time. Or maybe for once I’ll get the nerve to talk to people – we’ll just have to see! I really did enjoy the service though, and I certainly met with God, which is what worship is about anyway! Talking to strangers isn’t easy for anyone, so I’m not gonna hold it against them (yet! hehe) It takes a while to make friends, and since this is a good, close church that is into missions, I want to give them another chance. :) Well, that’s about it for tonight. Tomorrow I go to Lake View Primary to teach, and I pray it goes smoother than it did last week!! Thanks for checking in on me!
Cheers,
Bonnie B.


Link to pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnieb81

1 comment:

Roger Saner said...

I wonder if there are people who visit new churches and actually don't want to speak to anyone...

I know that I often do that - but sometimes I want to talk to people and sometimes I don't...so should the "established" people be friendly or leave me alone?!