Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Ok, I am quite irritated with this website right now!! I just updated a lot about my parents’ visit to Soweto earlier this week, and all of a sudden it’s gone – just like that. Grr… I love computers, but they can be a real pain sometimes. So let me try to quickly recap. On Monday I took my parents with me to Lake View Primary to see me teach. But since Monday was Valentine’s Day, every kid in the school was going crazy. I kind of got to teach one class, and even that was filled with interruptions. It’s a good thing that being a teacher, as well as a missionary, the words, “be flexible” are drilled into my head! After that, we drove around Soweto for a little while and visited a museum about the Soweto uprisings that lead to the ending of Apartheid. On Tuesday we went to Emadlelweni Primary, but soon after arriving, I was informed that a child from the neighbouring school had passed away earlier in the week. (The child was from Lilydale, but since she was a grade 5, I never taught her.) Well, the kids at Emadlelweni were busy preparing for a memorial service that was to be held later in the week. We got to teach one class though, so I’m grateful for that! After that, we went over to Lilydale for the girls’ club. When I arrived, I saw that they had decorated the chalk-board and it said, “We love Bonnie, from Girls of Grace.” Wow… talk about a blessing. I guess the girls now have an official name, “Girls of Grace.” Sounds good to me! The girls numbered about 50 this week – WOW! They’re growing every week. The more the merrier… more kids means more girls hearing about Christ! They sang many songs this week both in English as well as Zulu. My parents and I were truly blessed.

Tomorrow (Thursday) my parents are leaving South Africa and flying home. :( Such bitter-sweetness! I’m sure they’re ready to get home, and I am kind of ready to get back to my usual life, but we know it will be at least 9 months before we see each other again! The past two weeks have been so nice… being able to let them share in my South African life. I’ll truly miss them. Please pray for the three of us as we say difficult goodbyes!! Thanks!

Love and Peace,

Bonnie B.

Link to pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnieb81

No comments: