Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Well, it's Wednesday. The kids club in Dhlamini was a TOTAL flop. I guess part of being a missionary is accepting that not everything works out as planned!! Ruth Anne and I went to the field where we were going to have the club, and it is different from last time I was there. It's over grown with atleas 2 feet of grass... plus my helpers from my girls club didn't show up either. So, we weren't able to have the club - yet. We'll see what happens in the future!

In other exciting news, I am taking a couple courses at a Bible College here in Jo'burg. A friend suggested it to me, and I think it's the best idea I've heard in a long time! I am taking two classes, Bible Study Methods, and Biblical Portrait of Marriage. I'm only going one day a week so that it won't interfere with ministry. I can't remember the last time I've been so exicted about classes! Technically, I am still awaiting the approval of someone higher up in the IMB before I'll know for sure if I can keep going, so PLEASE pray that I'll get the go-ahead from him!! I met some people today who also minister in Soweto (and surrounding areas) so that was quite cool. I'm 2 weeks behind in the classes, AND I'll miss next week, so I have a lot of work to catch up on... all while my parents are here - yikes! But I can do it!!

Well, I only have tomorrow to get through before I go get my parents. Tomorrow will be spent cleaning up around here so my parents think I'm orderly and neat. HA! I can't fool them, but I can at least make the place look nice. :) 2 more sleeps!!

Goodnight!
Bonnie B.
Link to pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnieb81

No comments: