Saturday, April 23, 2005

Today (Saturday) I went to another soccer day at Rand Leases. They didn't have volleyball this time, but I wasn't too sad about that. That meant that I got to play with my kids the whole time! I absolutely love these kids. I'd venture to say that this is one of my favorite ministries I've been a part of since I've been here. I really think God has been teaching me a lot lately. I ALWAYS seem to be thinking about who I'm gonna marry or when, or why I seem to be nowhere even near marriage!! Last Sunday I randomly saw a verse... "Gal 4:27 For it is written: Rejoice, O barren woman who does not give birth. Break forth and shout, you who are not in labor, for the children of the desolate are many, more numerous than those of the woman who has a husband." That verse really made me think about all of the children that have come into my life since I have been here... children that have needed love. If I were married, I might not even BE here right now! And if I were married and on the field, my husband (and possibly children) would be my first priority. I wouldn't be able to do whatever I feel like doing, whenever I want to do it! God really has made my children "numerous" during my time here, and I wouldn't change one thing. Also, I just looked at a bunch of pictures that are online from Chris Height's (a friend I grew up with) wedding. Now, usually when I look at things like that, I think "man, why am I not married yet!? This isn't fair!" Well, when I was looking at them, I started thinking about things that have changed since I've been here... Shannon has a baby, Chris Height is married, Candace is dating someone she'll probably marry, Sarah's still dating Aaron and talking about marriage, another friend had a baby, another is getting married... And I thought, "man, if we were to have a class reunion when I get home, everyone BUT me would have someone at their side!" But this time I wasn't sad about that. I followed that thought with, "but I would have the best stories, the best memories, things that no one will ever understand, and no one can outdo. I'd take this over a man ANY day!" How awesome is that? God's changing my heart more and more everyday, and I'm loving every minute of it!!

Link to pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnieb81

No comments: