Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Have you ever been in such a wonderful season of life that you don't even know how to put it into words?? That's how I've been feeling lately... I'm SO excited about life, and what God is doing in and through me, but I have a hard time explaining that to other people! I guess as long as I know how I feel, it's all good. :) This week had been great so far. Last weekend I went to a Sunday School teacher's conference. It was ok, but definitely geered more for upscale (white) churches, so it didn't help us very much (I went with a group from Rand Leases). Parts of it were good though, so it wasn't a complete waste. I spent a lot of time with the Holiday family last weekend. Friday night I went to Ruth Anne's 12th birthday party... man, those kids are crazy! Sometimes I think I forget what it's like to be 12!! I also went to their house Saturday night to pick up my TV and ended up staying for dinner. Sunday afternoon I went to dinner with them to celebrate Ruth Anne's actual birthday, and then she wanted me to come over and hang out, so I did. She also went to church with me Sunday night which was very cool. Monday afternoon I went over to their house to show Janna Kay my scrapbook page, and then we ended up going to a scrapping store... and then I ended up staying for dinner again! So yeah, I've seen the Holidays a lot lately. :) Sunday morning at Rand Leases was awesome. There were ~46 adults there!!! The church is growing like crazy - God is so good! There were also more kids than usual... enough that next week we're going to take the little kids further away from the big kids because there were so many little ones last week that they distracted the big kids.
Monday was a great day... I picked up Nurse (the teacher from Rand Leases) because she is going to start teaching with me on Mondays and Tuesdays. But when we got to the school, they were about to have a program, so we couldn't teach! It was ok though because we then went and met some of her friends (who are not Christians). Then we went to McDonalds (she had never been before) to look over some of the teaching materials. She was so excited to go toMcDonald's! Can you imagine being 20 and having never been to McDonald's?? On Tuesday we actually did get to teach, and it was so cool to have someone with me who speaks the kids' language! When they didn't quite understand something, she would explain in Zulu... I finally can know that the kids are understanding now!
Today has been a great day too. :) I went to Rand Leases today to play with the kids who have been coming with their parents to the adult Bible study. I had 6 kids today... and I expect more will come next week. They're little kids (who aren't in school yet), so there's a language barrier, but we still had a great time singing some songs they know, dancing to songs they don't know, making a craft, having snack and playing ball. Basically, I am trying to pull out some of the tricks I learned in college about developmental issues and how to work with kids who are way under-developed. It's a challenge for me, but it's a fun one! I am loving these kids more and more every time I see them!!
Well, tomorrow I start back at the Bible College. I'm only taking one class this term, and that is Intro to Biblical Counseling. It should be interesting...
Thanks for checking in on me... I'd love to hear from you too, so send me an email and let me know what you're up to!!
In Him,
Bonnie B.

Link to pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnieb81

No comments: