Sunday, November 21, 2004

What a wonderful feeling... to be updating my web-log from the splendid comforts of my own home! God is so good. Just when I thought I was going crazy (and broke) having to check my email and update you all from internet cafes (and sometimes at missionary houses), I finally have the ability to be on the internet at home! My lap-top is still in the shop, and is gonna be ridiculously expensive to fix, so I'm not getting it fixed. So much for that old friend! Someone has so graciously lent me the lap-top I am currently using for the next 5 months. I'll figure out what to do later further on down the line. Right now I am just thrilled to have something, ANYTHING to use!! I also just got a phone line on Monday... I love it when all the pieces come together oh so nicely. :)Well, not much has changed to update you all about. Schools are still the same. This coming week might be my last week for this year... I'll have to talk to the principle when I go on Monday. Last week it was all but insane at school. The students had finished writing (taking) their exams on Monday, so when I went on Tuesday, they all thought they were on holiday (vacation)! It was crazy. I don't know how I didn't lose all patience and go crazy! Like I said, God is good. :) This coming Monday and Tuesday WILL be the last days of girls club for this year. What a great ministry that has been. I've loved getting to know my girls, and they seem to have really enjoyed it as well. We'll be having a party for the grade 7 girls since they're going to high school next year! They're growing up! Please pray that they'll be able to go into that high school with a strong faith that NO ONE can destroy!!Socially, life has been slow, but nice. :) Last night I met some friends for dinner and a movie (take away and a dvd... fun times). Today I spent A LOT of time online, catching up on lost time, and chatting with friends I've lost touch with. I rented a movie tonight and had dinner in during a decent sized storm. Nice... stormy weather, and a movie in my pjs... doesn't get much better. :) Tomorrow after church I'm going to my friend Jason's flat for a braai. Ah... South Africa... you gotta love it.Well, Thanksgiving is coming up. How crazy is that? Last year at this time I was at the MLC (missionary learning center) busily planning the Thanksgiving worship service. Man, I miss that... there was just something really cool about having a full out worship service on Thanksgiving. Sure beats over eating and watching football (although I DID watch some football last year... it's gonna be weird not watching it this year!). But in case you're wondering if I'm doing anything, of course I am. I AM still American you know. ;) On the actual day I am going to BIMS to celebrate with fellow missionaries. Then the following Saturday (a week from today) Melissa and I are cooking a Thanksgiving meal for our South African friends. We even have some essential American ingredients from the States. :) Hooray for Thanksgiving! Please be in prayer for me this week, and as the Christmas season approaches. It's so weird not being home for it all (it's also weird talking about Christmas when it's HOT). But I know God has put me here now, and I want to live life to the fullest while I am here!! Being sad about not being with familiar things is not my definition of life to the fullest. I plan to enjoy every minute of South Africa while I can! (Watch... a year from now I'll be saying "pray for me... I miss South Africa" hehe)Alrighty, thanks for checking in on me my friends! God bless! And Happy Thanksgiving!!

Cheers,
Bonnie B.

Link to pictures:

http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnieb81

No comments: