Thursday, November 25, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving! I had an amazing Thanksgiving day. :) As I mentioned before, today I went to BIMS to go a Thanksgiving dinner, pot-luck style. Well, there were a lot of missionaries at BIMS (it's like the head quarters and people come in for all kinds of reasons)! A lot more people than I expected, one of whom is a fellow journeyman in Mozambique (that'd be Daniel). There was also a young couple in from Namibia. So the four of us had a grand time hanging out at BIMS during and after dinner. I love South Africa, and South Africans (well, most of them... hehehe) but I AM American, and sometimes it's just nice to hear people speak the way I do and about the things I know and understand. The missionary "family" is definitely one of the biggest perks of the IMB!!! I'm meeting back up with the 3 of them tomorrow to go out on the town - yippee! Oh, one more good thing... I made a brocolli/rice casserole to take to the dinner, and it turned out ok! I must say, I'm shocked AND proud! hehe The recipe called for "condensed cram of chicken soup" but somehow accidently got just cream of chicken soup... oops. Well, there's nothing worse than a runny casserole, so I quickly whipped out my "Cooking in Africa" cookbook and looked up a condensed soup recipe. Turns out all I had to do was add some flour. Oh yeah... go me. :) And people ate it so I know its not just me who liked it! Ok, it's way past my bedtime. Happy Thanksgiving!!
Bonnie B.
Link to pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnieb81

No comments: