Monday, December 08, 2003

What an incredible weekend!!! God was so good to me. My biggest prayer going into this weekend was that I would be able to relax and actually ENJOY everything rather than being stressed about getting from place to place. God answered my prayer and went beyond. (Funny how He does that, eh?) The wedding was beautiful. Everyone looked gorgeous (or handsome). I had fun getting a little pampered and having my hair done, which is rare for me! Everything went as planned for the wedding except my poor nephew, Zachary, getting sick right before the wedding started. My sister-in-law, Jamie, had to stay back with him and missed the whole thing. Sad, huh? Cheryl looked beautiful, and seeing Brad's face throughout the whole thing was worth a million bucks. He looked the happiest I'd ever seem him. I still can't believe he's married, but hey... he deserves it, and he married the woman I know God planned for him all this time. They're so incredibly perfect for one another!! The reception was fun... seeing family members, taking pictures, and catching the bouquet. You know, I used to be thrilled when that happened, but now that I've caught quite a few of them, I'm not so convinced that they work anymore. hehe ;)

After the reception I headed to Durham to sing in my church's production of "Christmas Spectacular." My goodness, when I walked into where everyone was, I don't think I've ever smiled so big (ok, I'm sure I have at some point, but bear with me here). I was finally HOME! I realized this weekend, that I've gone without seeing family members for a while before, but I'd never gone this long without seeing my church family, and I really missed them!! The way people responded to seeing me, you'd think I'd been gone for 5 years and not 5 weeks. I tell you, the love of a church family that God has knitted you tightly into, is a gift that lasts forever, and is entirely irreplaceable. The show was great. Singing with all of them was amazing, and worshipping with such a choir is something I have truly missed. Saturday night I was finally able to relax and unwind a bit a the Baker's house (for those of you who are wondering, and have asked, NO, Chris wasn't there... what do you people think I am? Geez!) It was great to be in a real house with a real family as opposed to housing at MLC with other people my age. I like to pretend Mr. and Mrs. Baker are my "Durham parents" anyway, and I just love them, so it was fun to hang out with them. Plus they made French toast, so really... who wouldn't love 'em? hehe :)

Sunday was yet another wonderful day. I got to go to the Summit, which I had been missing very much. I was, again, greeted with many hugs and "how are you!?!s". Really, you'd think I'd been gone forever. But I loved it! Sunday School was fun, as usual. I had to say some actual final good-byes this time though. :( So that was sad. The other performances of Christmas Spectacular were wonderful and I know God worked through them to bring people unto Himself. I got to see Kurt, Janna Kay, Ruth Anne and Joshuwa Holiday (the family from the Summit who are career missionaries in Johannesburg). They were home on state-side and were in Durham for the weekend! Seeing them just made me more excited about going to South Africa in January!!

After Christmas Spectacular Sunday evening, I went to Jennifer Pickelsimer's place to spend the night... Just like old times! I woke up at 4AM this morning (yeah, that IS early!) to drive back to the good-ole MLC. It's a little weird to be back here, especially knowing that I only have a little over a week to be here. But it's great to be back amongst the fellowship here, and back into the swing of things. It feels as if I've been gone forever... almost 4 days is a long time here at MLC!!

It's been a long weekend, and I got an early start today, so I think I may take time for a nap this afternoon. I think I deserve it. :)

Link to pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnieb81

No comments: