Friday, December 12, 2003

3 more weeks......

3 weeks from today I will board a plane and head for Johannesburg, South Africa. Less than a month, folks! Wow... The time for me to actually leave is finally getting close. I got my last 2 immunization shots today, one of which was tetanus, so I am a little sore today. Things are finishing up, classes are pretty much done, and I think everyone here is ready to GO! I like it here; I have learned a ton, and the people are great, but I am ready to move on to my job assignment in South Africa. I am a little nervous, to be honest, but I know God has called me, and I am ready to follow that call. :)

The first real realization that things are going to change big time while I'm gone happened earlier this week. I got an email from Chris McMurtry, my friend in Houston, TX, and he is ENGAGED! He's getting married next December, and of course, I won't be around to go to the wedding. That really hit me hard because it's a wedding I would love to be at to celebrate with them. It's weird to think that this might not be the only time this will happen... In fact, I'm pretty sure it won't be! It's sad to miss things that I know I'd be a part of if I were in the States, but I guess this is all part of the life of a missionary, and it's worth it. :)

Please pray for me as I wrap things up here at the MLC. Pray that I will continue to listen to God's voice, even in the hustling of the business that comes with transitions. Pray that my time with family this Christmas will be precious time, and not busy stuff going on. I really want to enjoy my time with everyone!
Link to pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnieb81

No comments: