Sunday, March 11, 2007

home beautifications

It's amazing how much "little" things can make a huge difference in the life of my little house. Yesterday my Mom and Dad came up so that my Dad could put down new tile in my bathroom. I've had the tile for a while now, and we'd just never been able to get together to do anything about it. So even though I had work (Sylvan) and then Oxford Manor Kids Club yesterday, they came up anyway and got to work without me! Dad had already refloored the bathroom (for the most part) by the time I got here. I got to hang out with my Mom while he worked. (Side note: usually I do help him, but the bathroom really isn't big enough for 2!) We ended up having to make a run to Lowe's for something, and while we were there, we picked up a curtain and valance for my living room window that has been uncovered this whole time. Dad hung them up before they left, and they look so nice!! He also helped me hang a picture that I've had (and hadn't hung) since Christmas. It makes the house look so "homey." I love it! It really is amazing what things like this can do. The bathroom now looks brand new (to me anyway). A couple months ago Dad and I painted in the bathroom and put in a medicine cabinet (which was a much bigger job than intended since Dad ended up having to run a whole new line of electricity into the bathroom for the lights on the medicine cabinet - my Dad rocks!). And I have my Mom to thank for the curtains. The same weekend that we worked on the bathroom, my Mom and I had sat in the living room hypothesizing about what would look good in that window for about an hour. During one of her and Dad's trips to Lowe's, she saw a curtain that she though I would like, so she bought it! (A bold move for her since I can be picky at times.) When we took it out of the package, it wasn't what we thought it was, so we took it back to Lowe's, and that's when we found the perfect valance to go over the curtain. When my camera has batteries again I'll have to take a picture so you all can see the latest improvements. I actually want to sit in my living room now! Oh... and today after church a guy is coming over to look at the major repair jobs that the house still needs. He is from my church, and he remodels old homes as a profession, so he'll know exactly what I'm up against when it comes to fixing my house. Let's hope he doesn't give me any devastating news!

In other news, a little over a week ago my best friend had her second baby, Lauren Avery Godfrey. When Savannah was born I was in South Africa, so I missed all of her being a baby. But this time I got to see the baby when she was less than a day old! She was teeny tiny (5 lbs 10 oz), so I was a little nervous about holding her at first, but she seemed to sleep just fine no matter how I held her. I love being an Aunt! :)




Link to pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnieb81

No comments: