Tuesday, March 13, 2007

home repairs update

So, I said I would update with more detail about why I was singing that great kids praise song last night... once again I am sleepy, so I must be quick before I fall asleep on the couch. In a nutshell, a guy from my church (who just so happens to restore old houses for a living) is organizing efforts to do some of the major work that I've been meaning to have done since I bought the house. I've wanted to get the work done for a long time, but I haven't been able to find $3000 sitting around anywhere (which was one of the estimates I had for the work). Well... last night the guy from church called. The conversation went something like this, "hey Bonnie... email me a list of people who are willing to help with your house [the young adults from my church]. I want to contact them to set up a time to come work on your house. Oh, and all the stuff for the french drains, the pump under the house, jacking up the house and fixing the floor I was able to get donated." *pause - breathe Bonnie- what!?* Yeah... I heard him right... "donated." I don't know how... or who... but God is so amazing - that's all I need to know! If you knew how many tears I've cried over this house when things have gone wrong, or not as planned... my goodness. This is just more proof to me that trusting God is ALWAYS worth it. It's not easy, but it's always, always worth it. Goodnight!


Link to pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnieb81

1 comment:

Wolfenbarger said...

That is awesome Bonnie!
Praise the Lord!