Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Hooray for a new roomie!!



God is so good! The weekend after Easter (the 14th) Leanne will be moving in! I'm so excited!! I will have only had to go without a roommate for a month (just enough time to enjoy the time to myself and be ready for a roommate again). It's crazy how it happened really. A few weeks ago Leanne and I had talked and I mentioned how we'd be great roommates. Well, she has a dog, and I have cats, so we quickly said, "aw man!" and moved on. Well, Friday night, while hanging out with the YPs, I mentioned what I was going to charge the next person who lived with me. It was a pretty low number, but I clarified that I would only take that amount if it was the "right" person... someone who truly wanted to live with me in this house... already knowing the issues that it has! Well, Saturday morning Leanne emailed me and said that "if the offer was still out there" she was finding a home for her dog! Now, before you feel bad for the dog (as I did), Leanne has been praying for a while about what to do with the dog because she hasn't been home enough lately for him, and she's also going overseas at some point and would need to find him a home anyway. Since Saturday, Leanne and I have talked A LOT... some about random stuff, but also about the house and roommates, and whatnot. I wanted to make sure she knew about ALL the issues of living in this house and the issues of living with the imperfect me! I know I'm not the perfect roommate, and even knowing what she knows, she still wants to live here. (She MUST be a God-send!) So... in a few weeks, I won't be alone anymore! Oreo will love the attention. Leanne is an animal person too, so Oreo and Wallace will be pleased. :) It's crazy how much we have in common. We're both way into missions, want to do something exciting in this neighborhood for Jesus, go to the Summit, work with kids (she's a nanny), are Tarheel fans!, and much more... we stood outside of Moe's last night by my car talking for over an hour about lots of stuff (mostly missions, but other things as well). I can't wait till we have more time to hang out with her and get to know her more. God is so amazing! I knew He had a plan in mind this whole time. :)

Link to pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnieb81

2 comments:

Wolfenbarger said...

Love your hair!

Good news about the roomie - but where will her dog go?! :)

Bonnie G. said...

No worries... she found someone who wanted to adopt her dog. :)