Thursday, June 15, 2006

This old house...

I think that's going to be the new name and theme of this blog! Everytime I go to my house (I'm not living there yet), I discover a new... umm... adventure! Yesterday I went to the house because the alarm guy was coming to put in my alarm system (gotta be safe). After he left, I wandered around the kitchen and noticed wetness... as I looked closer, I noticed LOTS of wetness... as in puddles! Argh! My house is old, and moisture is something I'm going to have to get used to, but puddles of water in my kitchen are not ok. Granted, lots of places flooded yesterday due to rain, so I shouldn't be surprised that my house was one of the many. The bad thing is that there's still water under the cabnets, where I couldn't reach to get the water up. Wet wood is not a good thing! One more thing to add to the "get this fixed or fix it" list. I must keep reminding myself that God has a plan in all of this. One of these days I'm gonna know all about home repairs and dealing with old houses. But it's going to be quite an adventure turning this old house into a home!

Link to pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnieb81

1 comment:

Janna Kay said...

So sorry to hear about the leak. You think you get things fixed and something else happens! But you are right...God has a plan! But, when it involves "manmade" things, fixing will be apart of the plan!