Monday, June 12, 2006

confusion!

Oh man… I am one confused chica! I have yet to find a job for this coming school year. Today was my last teacher work day at Childcare Network in Sanford (sad!!), and Friday I begin a summer teaching position in Orange County (right beside Durham). But as for the upcoming year, no decision has been made yet. As far as I still know, Durham Public Schools Pre-K only has one opening this year, and it is going to a lady who just got her teaching licence and has been the assistant until now (fair enough). So, the district manager from Childcare Network told me that the CN in Durham has a More at Four Lead Teacher opening for this coming year. The center is about 4 miles from my house! Thing is, CN doesn’t have benefits. They offer a stipend for insurance, but it doesn’t quite cover what it costs me. Until this afternoon though, I’d decided that I’d go with CN in Durham anyway… it’s such a great place for ministry! The missionary in me is very excited. Well… I got home this afternoon and had an email from the lady who hired me for this summer job, and she was telling me that Orange County Pre-K has one vacancy for next year and that I should talk to someone as soon as I get there. Confusion time! Public school most definitely pays better and has MUCH better benefits!! But I so want to be in Durham. Durham is where God has sent me to; I’m sure of it. Orange county is not far away… so it’s not out of the question, but it’s still not Durham. I just don’t know what to do. Why can’t Durham Public Schools have one more opening and make this a lot easier for me?? I guess God’s not finished teaching me the “wait upon the Lord” lesson. :) I don’t think He ever will be! Please pray for me to make the right decision!

On another note, I was at my house in Durham cleaning yesterday, and I met the little boy next door. He’s from Ghana!! How cool… Mexico across the street, Ghana next door. It’s quite a multicultural neighborhood. I can’t even begin to doubt that God has huge plans for me there. Very exciting!

No comments: