Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Shopping day! Today we took the team to Bruma Market, a pretty nice souvenir-type market on the other side of town. It was such a great day to shop. It was cold, and in the middle of the week, so people were eager to make a deal and we were able to bargain quite a lot!!! Usually when I take teams there I'm not doing much shopping, but this time I was. :) I am sending a suticase of stuff home so that I won't have to bring it back with me in November, so I was finally buying a lot of the things that I've wanted to buy for a while. Shopping is fun when you're actually buying things!! :)

Tonight the team met with some of the people from Ridgecrest Family church and we had a discussion about all of our favourite Christian books. Very insightful! Now, if only books weren't so dang expensive here!!!

Yesterday went very well as well. We went to Emadlelweni Combined School and did an assembly for the kids. We divided the kids up this time so that we could use a translator for the little kids and it went very well!! After that, we went to Vlekfontein and prayer walked. We found 2 places that want to host a weekly Bible study in their homes - hooray! Such an answer to prayer. :)

Well, I'm at the Holiday's house and someone else needs to use the computer. Thanks for checking in on me!!
in Him,
Bonnie

Link to pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnieb81

3 comments:

Roger Saner said...

Cool - sounds like a great day! The question IS, however - what are your favourite Christian books? A list of authors and books would be nice...you can tell a lot about a person by the books they read :) hehe

Bonnie G. said...

Good question!

Here are some of my personal favourites… in no particular order:

Passion and Purity by Elisabeth Elliot
Let Me Be a Woman (and its counterpart, “The Mark of a Man”) by Elisabeth Elliot
(basically anything by Elisabeth Elliot – she’s my favourite author)
Your God is Too Small, by J.B. Phillips
Connecting, by Larry Crabb
When God Writes Your Loves Story, by Eric and Leslie Ludy

So… now I want to hear some of YOUR favourites! And that is directed to anyone who happens to read this. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Bonnie! my name is Tom. I am the co-founder of a new (coming soon) foundation to be titled Team Bonnie "B" or some veriation of this...I just wanted to say hello. I have been reviewing the internet looking for internet addresses for my girlfriend who's suffering from Breast Cancer. I came across yours and thought I'd drop a line. Your blog is interesting. I'm enjoying it. I guess, if I had to ask a question, my quesiton would be ... Has your faith ever been challenged recently? If so, how did or are you coping with that challenge?
-Buzz