Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Hooray for long-distance friends!

Today was a wonderful day for many reasons... I am off of work today for school holidays. I got to cook dinner for my Mom and Dad and I did a farely good job. My brother and his wife and baby came over and I got to play with the beautiful Lauryn. But most of all... I got to talk to my friend Casey on the phone this morning!!! She's probably the best South African friend I had when I was there. I guess it's hard to narrow it to one person because I had various "groups" of friends at different times during my term, but all in all, Casey knew/knows me the best and understands me the most. You see, Casey was a missionary for over 2 years before I met her. She served on the Doulos, a missions ship that goes all over the world. I met her only a couple months after she'd come home, so I was there to see some of what she went through in coming back "home" to a place she'd been away from for 2 years. She knows what I'm feeling now, and can somewhat prepare me for what is probably still to come. She has been and is a God-send to my life. I only wish I could be the same for her!! It was awesome to talk to her today and hear her sweet voice. She and I decided to plan a 1 person mission trip for me over my school holidays in the summer. I'm definitely keen! I'd give anything to be back there now. Being home has been and is great, but my heart longs to be back in South Africa. If only my whole family would move with me so I wouldn't have to miss them! :) Oh well, I can't have the best of all worlds I guess. Right now I will enjoy where God has placed me for this time. He has a reason for me to be here now. I am loving being there for my family again and being able to be Aunt Bonnie (and not just the far away Aunt Bonnie). And speaking of being Aunt Bonnie, my sister in law is bringing baby Lauryn here bright and early at 6:15 tomorrow morning! I'd better get my beauty sleep!

Goodnight!
Bonnie B.

Link to pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnieb81

No comments: