Saturday, August 21, 2004

The weekend! Hooray! I'm writing this Saturday night after I just got back from a very cool event. The BYSA (Baptist Youth of South Africa) Young Adults planned a big "hang out" event tonight in Jo'burg. It was cool... very chill... some bands played, and the Nancefield worship band was scheduled to play for a little while. Their style is way different than the rest of the folks there, since just about everyone else there was white (not everyone, just MOST!). Well, as they were going up to play I wished them well, and then they started saying I should sing with them! I had not practiced at all with them, and was nervous about singing in front of people I didn't know. But Sean encouraged me to join them too, so I finally agreed. I'll be honest, I felt really cool. hehe I was the only girl singing with them. It was very chill and free flowing... I felt honored that Sean felt I could handle that and do well enough to not make them look bad! Seriously, I feel weird saying that I felt cool, but it was this dimly lit area, the band was playing really cool rhythms, and I had this mic on a stand all to myself. I felt like a chic in a boy band... what the heck? It was cool though. I'm glad they convinced me to sing! Anyway, I also met up with some other young adults that I'd met occasionally before, and maybe I'll get to see them again in the future. I really like knowing people. I never realized that in the States, but being here makes me grateful for the people I do know and can call friends!! So yeah, a fun Saturday night! I need more of these!!

Cheers!
Bonnie

Link to pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnieb81

No comments: